If only I could have chickens, too...

I am very happy to announce we have just acquired a garden! Huzzah! Right across the road from our apartment complex there is a community garden I've had my eye on ever since I moved here. I found out some info about it online and emailed to see if there were any plots available. Well, there weren't. Until now! A spot opened up, and they wrote back to me and asked if I wanted it. I'm excited! I know almost nothing about gardening, so it'll be a fun thing to learn. There are already two little tomato plants growing in my plot, and I plan on adding some lettuce and who knows what else! I want to be able to pick fresh veggies all summer long! Maybe that's ambitious, but so what? It's worth a shot! Anyone out there with a green thumb have any suggestions or tips?



My plot:

7 comments:

  1. So fun! I can't wait to hear about what grows! I will definitely say "hello" to Calgary for you...I forgot you were from there! I'm excited to experience western Canada for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be fun for us - hopefully a small-scale training for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plant some herbs. I love using fresh herbs from our flower boxes out on the deck. We had fresh basil in our dinner last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT is a great idea! I've been wanting fresh herbs, but you-know-who would knock them over or nibble on them. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plant cukes and green beans (bush), they will provide tons of food for putting up for the winter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and check your codes to see if you could get a couple bantem chickens. A lot of people keep those on decks or patios in the city! They are itty bitty, and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would get chickens if I could, but I don't even have a deck/patio! Oh well! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails