- 1 1/4 C oatmeal
- 1/2 C rice flour
- 1/4 C ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 C plain yogurt
- 3 medium, ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 C agave syrup
- 1/3 C grapeseed oil
- 1/4 C walnut pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together oatmeal, flour, flaxseed, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, bananas, syrup, and oil. Add flour mixture and fold in walnuts.
4. Divide batter into paper-lined muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.
If you don't have ground flaxseed, GET SOME! It's full of fiber, anti-oxidants, and omega-3s. It also tastes good! I sprinkle it on cereal and oatmeal, bake it into pancakes and muffins, mix it into smoothies and applesauce, and the list goes on! Also, try some Agave Syrup. It's got a nice, light taste, and it's a good natural sweetener. You can find it at the store with the honey.