Warm Weather Knitting

My sister gave me a great knitting book in April for my birthday, Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel. I find that a lot of sweater patterns are rather boxy, over-sized, and otherwise have a lot more ease (extra room) than I want in a sweater. I like my clothes to be fitted, not frumpy! This book solves that problem with 25 stylish, attractive, and fitted patterns that range in difficulty from easy to experienced.

I'm working on a cotton short-sleeve tunic top that I'll be able to wear in warmer weather (although not hot weather, of course!). It's unique in that it's knit side-to-side instead of top-down or bottom up. It uses randomly placed knits and purls that you improvise yourself to create a dash-line Morse code look. I'm using Cascade Yarns "Cotton Club" in a light blue.

What the finished product is supposed to look like


Spot the hidden "M" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails