Thank Goodness for YouTube

I was really excited to start making the Camellia Shrug today, but little did I know how frustrating it would be to get the darn thing started! You start with double pointed needles, working from the center of the back outwards, and I've never done that before. It's quite a pain in the behind to handle five needles at once with only a couple of stitches on each! It kept getting twisted around, needles would fall out of the stitches, and I ripped it out and started again at least 6 or 7 times. Finally, I gave up trying to figure it out myself and fired up YouTube. I'm always so thankful to all of the people out there who take the time to create helpful, instructional videos for others! I found one that taught two different methods for circular cast-ons for center-out knitting. I'm happy to say I finally am on my way! Here's what I've got so far...

4 comments:

  1. It was! I had to put it away for a while because it was driving me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you never cease to amaze me. I'm such a knitting wimp compared to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kerrie... this is my first attempt at a pattern rated "Intermediate" :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails