Melissa's Madly Marvelous Mushroom Marinara (mmmmm.....)
- Melt several tbsps of butter in a saucepan. Don't be stingy! If you're feeling fancy, add a splash of white wine.
- Add about one chopped garlic clove and stir for a few seconds.
- Add a carton of sliced portobello mushrooms. Sautee for several minutes.
- Add one can of diced tomatoes. Or more, if you want to make a bigger batch.
- Add tarragon. This is important. Not oregano, not basil. About a heaping tsp of tarragon.
- Simmer over medium heat until the sauce has reduced a bit; maybe 25 minutes or so.
- You shouldn't really need to add any salt because it's already really flavorful, but if you do, go easy.
- Serve over pasta with some grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
*optional step 9: give me credit for the recipe when you make it! (Or blame... whichever!)