Best. Tomato sauce. Ever.

Well, at least I think it's the best! It's one of my own thrown-together creations. I've made it three times so far, and every time I have it, I crave it even more! It uses few ingredients, but it's incredibly flavorful. Since I don't measure things out when I make it, I'll just estimate:

Melissa's Madly Marvelous Mushroom Marinara (mmmmm.....)



  1. Melt several tbsps of butter in a saucepan. Don't be stingy! If you're feeling fancy, add a splash of white wine.
  2. Add about one chopped garlic clove and stir for a few seconds.
  3. Add a carton of sliced portobello mushrooms. Sautee for several minutes.
  4. Add one can of diced tomatoes. Or more, if you want to make a bigger batch.
  5. Add tarragon. This is important. Not oregano, not basil. About a heaping tsp of tarragon.
  6. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce has reduced a bit; maybe 25 minutes or so.
  7. You shouldn't really need to add any salt because it's already really flavorful, but if you do, go easy.
  8. Serve over pasta with some grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese. 
Buon appatito!*

*optional step 9: give me credit for the recipe when you make it! (Or blame... whichever!)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails