Sock it To Me!

After taking a two-part class at my good ol' JoAnn, I just finished knitting my first sock! I love this self-striping yarn... it makes these fun patterns all by itself, without me doing a thing! The yarn is a nice cozy wool/ bamboo blend, which will feel amazing to curl up in on upcoming chilly nights. I thought about waiting until both socks are finished before posting, but... *spoiler alert*... the other one will look just like the first one, so use your imagination! ;-) Here's a visual progression of the sock....

Off to a good start...

Just turned the heel...

Stripy!

3 comments:

  1. http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mbc/lowres/mbcn866l.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I'm hoping to take a sock-making class this fall....can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melissa! This morning, another blogger awarded me with a "one lovely blog award" and I'd thought I'd share the love to you! I think it's just a way to link to other blogs, so feel free to participate, or not. ;) But I DO think you have "One Lovely Blog"! :) If you'd like to "accept" your award, you can see the rules on this post: http://seakettlediaries.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-blog.html
    Hope you are well, and LOVE your sock!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails